Thursday 8 September 2011

My Birthday

Was on the 1st September and this time last year I was loved up with the ex boyfriend and we'd stayed with his lovely parents the night of the 31st. We woke up and went downstairs for breakfast and I burst into tears as his lovely mum had cooked a wonderful breakfast, sang happy birthday and had decorated the entire dining room in balloons and banners. Fitzy also kept asking what I wanted to do for my birthday but I really did not feel like it.

Looking back I cannot believe that a year has passed. It is frightening!
With the benefit of hindsight I was not happy and I'm not entirely sure why,
perhaps it was the stress of a difficult divorce, living in a space which I did not like
and not being as busy and as fulfilled as I could have been.

This year was so very, very different and I am so blessed and happy to be 'here'.
( not geographically )
Older, hopefully wiser and more empowered and able to deal with whatever stuff comes up.
I thought Fitzy could 'fix' me during and after my divorce carry on. I realise now that the only
person who could fix me was me.  Last year was challenging emotionally, spiritually, financially
this year its a heckofa lot more rewarding. Balance and all that.
I also thank Fitzy for not being able to fix me or us, if everything had been ticketyboo then I would not be here now.

I did of course miss my friends, thankfully I have some superb ones here, which leads me to..

No comments:

Post a Comment