Sunday 9 October 2011

Electricity

All puns aside, there is nothing more empowering than coming home to an empty home
with no electricity and no power in the generator. Managed to find one of my candles and lit it at 6.30pm when it was already pitch black. Thank goodness my blackberry has some kind of mini torch built in!

I loathe using the generator as its noisy, it stinks of diesel, is expensive and shockingly bad for the environment.

So with twitter and facebook for company ( had a tiny bit of power left ) I went to bed super early tpo try and watch a bit of Bad Teacher. Laptop died within 7 mins, that's ok! Meant I went to sleep wishing I could be transported to Chaniki to at least hang out with the 30 kids there. And on that note, I fell asleep and woke up gain with the birds tweeting at 5am. No alarm clocks required here let me tell you!!

I hadn't realised how cut off you can feel when you have no phone and when mine was nicked 2 weeks ago it was a nightmare! Anyway, all of these challenges are adding even more to my independence, so that can only be a good thing!

Would be nice to have some company, a dog lying on my feet in bed, that would be ace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment