Friday 7 October 2011

My New Home..

..is stunning, its in Masaki, a very cool area on the peninsula.
2 mins from Oyster Bay and Slipway - great for places to eat and drink and shop.
Its also very near to Coco Beach, where I was lucky enough to spend an evening with the owner.
His name is Hilarious Festo. No Joke. And he is a very kind man, with an office under a tree.
Him, a chair, his seat and his laptop!

Tonic is Sarah's chef, he cooks for us 3 days a week and he is such a superb chef!
Meswin is around all the time to do everything - cleaning, maintenance, helping generally
and just smiling. They are such a joy to be around!

Sarah is awesome and she has been so welcoming towards me. I love my room.
I have one bag of clothes, 3 pairs of shoes, some nick nacks and that's it.
Had to buy myself a fan as there is no air con. I have my own bathroom - with a BATH!!!!!
Amazing, though it can take an hour to run.

The birds tweet, there are gorgeous lush flora and fauna, its a bright, breezy space and I really love it there. It so feels like home!

Sarah spends half her time in Zanzibar and its even more fun when she is around, so full of energy and a breath of fresh air, so honoured to have her as a friend.

The home I am in, is my dream home, I'd like to rent one like that myself sometime soon and share it perhaps with a partner, we shall see!

I never ever watch TV, I read lots, walk and just chill out when I am not 'working' and its a wonderful place. Weirdly, Sarah's book collection, which is extensive, I counted the other day, I've read 23 of them.
We share similar interests and passions though she kite surfs and dives and runs and is superfit. Hey ho,
I think if I was brought up in South Africa my lifestyle might just be a wee tad different!?

No comments:

Post a Comment