Monday 25 July 2011

Jeima

Jeima is my friend at The Waterfront, Slipway.
We call it my office, as I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time there - from early morning, through sunset and on til late in the evening.
Atmed with my book (s) , sunscreen and shades, she's served me more than a few scores of stoneytangaweezee and coca lights.
She's seen me read and heard my take on all of my books so far ..

Screw It Lets Do It
Catherine Deneuve's Diaries
A New Earth
The Secrets of Life
Don't Sweat The Small Stuff
Mr Nice
Stories I Only Tell My Friends
Billy
and a few more I can't recall at this time..

In return, she tells me what she's been up to, about her family and of course teaches me a few new
phrases in Swahili.. some of my favourites from her are...


chakoola chema - have a good meal
hakuna ma ta tiso - no problem
mimi - I
wewe - you
namee zuri sana - I'm ok too

She always finds me a good table and looks after me.. she also has great taste in accessories and a good sense of humour, so I look
forward to being at The Waterfront when she's on shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment