Monday 25 July 2011

Sarah Scott

Is a new friend. She is 30's, kooky, divorced, was born in South Africa and has a Scottish father and SA mother.
She has a wicked laugh, sparkly green eyes, a maughty tattoo with a great story and is pretty spiritual.
She's also got a cracking figure and a super cool wardrobe. She has her own production company which
does events, makes films & TV shows. I was destined to meet her and thanks to Abby that happened!

She used to be a major party girl and then slowed right down, went into her recovery phase and came out the other side
older, fitter, healthier, more spiritually aware and more creative. She has a house in Zanzibar which she rents and also
a flat here in Dar, she's been living in and out of Tz for more than 12 years now and has loads of friends. Well, she corrects
herself, she had loads of friends and now a few friends and many accquaintances. I know how she feels.

My friends circle is much more close and valuable to me now. The ones whom I treasure the most are the ones
who were there for me, all of the time. People like Lorraine, Jerry, Fiona,  Vicky,Alison, Angela, Niki, Lisa, Susie & Guy.
We all have our own stuff going on and from time to time choppy weather and high seas rock your ship
and that's when you need a strong friend to support you. In my time I have had lots of fair weather friends.. the ones who
take take and take and forgot that you too might need a little extra help once in a while. I also didn't fully appreciate just how much
real friendship counts. I used to think I could get by on my own and i'd only let people in so far.. meantime I had been cultivating
fake friendships with timewasters, toxic and terribky selfish. T in the Park - ooft, how many times have I given away tickets
( as part of my fee ) and not even had a thank you. I tolerated it and I now see that I made a huge error of judgement.
My responsibility, not theres..

I enjoy my time with Sarah, she's got some cracking projects on the go and she's asked me to help her and she wants to pay me!
So much in the past, I went out of my way to help some people and they took the p, rather I allowed that to happen.
That was then and this is now.

Gotta get a visa sorted and get my power point presentation skills back up to scratch.. the ideas are flowing again which
is great as I went a bit numb for a while and my confidence took a blow back in Glasgow as nothing was happening fast enough or
as fast as I would have liked... I realise now that that is all ok.. If things had worked out the way I wanted them to on the work front,
I wouldn't be here where I am right now, loving being in Tanzania and meeting all sorts of interesting people that I believe I was destined to meet.
Who knows where I will end up, I am so grateful that I've met Pannacotta, Abby, Anita, Sylvia, Victoria, Easkado Bird..

Sarah has invited me to her home for lunch this week. She has a cook and she says its a beautiful place, very spiritual and she thinks I will love it.
I think she might be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment