Thursday 28 July 2011

A Lovely Story - Wednesday 27 July

A Lovely Story - Wednesday 27 July

So, the thing that made me laugh and then cry was this today..

I spend a while sitting under the tree at the temple, its 90 years old
and is the biggest tree in Tanzania. I don't so much, just read or sit and listen to the leaves - its a beautiful tree and its so calming and comforting listening to the swish of the leaves.
It also is reported to have a healing effect.  Anyway, I  was there today after a manic day in traffic, it rained ( hurrah ) and my head was busy
with lots of ideas and things to do.. so after sitting for a bit, Panna arranged for me to  got a lift from one of his friends as it was raining heavily at this point.

I left one of my bags in the car - phone, keys, laptop, camera, wallet.. Don't know what I was thinking ( or not ) Panic!!!!!!!
Only realised when I get to the front door..
I turn round, run down 13 flights of stairs which I had just walked up ( power cut )  and here is this fellow smiling with my bag..
"Do not worry Ether" he said, "I am Sri Lankan, even if $1million I return to you."

I hugged him and then sauntered back up the 13 flights sobbing and smiling at the same time.

Even though the networks crash all the time, we have power rations - every second day no electricity at all and the traffic is mental.
its all ok. Just as it is.
Hapana ta tiso ( no problem )

No comments:

Post a Comment