Thursday 28 July 2011

Thursday 28th July - a busy day!

Thursday 28th July - a busy day!

Got an introductory meeting to the Vodacom Foundation and a pitching to them on Monday to see if they will support Kind Heart Africa - amazing, so very excited!!
Met my friend Eskado Bird - she is going to be huge.. she's the most hip, cool, fresh young designer I have ever met. She wroites poertry, makes music and is so superbly strong it is amazing
I am sort of mentoring her though I like to think we just talk and hang out. We are planning to do an event called The FABRIC of Africa an event
at a disused airfield - Fashion Art  Business Recycling Innovation Culture - a runway show showcasing the best of African talent. We were deciding on her final logo today and it is so cool
I can't tell you. Sometimes I wish my friends were  just here for a coffee and a natter and you could have a wee look at what I'm doing and give me the thumbs up and a wink and a smile!

Also, I want to do a book fpr the Kind Heart Africa School. Already I have had some really great funny, clever, inspiring, silly, sad stories, poems and things from people.
I want to get 365 one for each day of the year. What do you think ? Wish I speak to a pal from home!
Its draining sometimes speaking with the locals as I have to concentrate super hard on understanding what they say and my Swahili isn't up to conversational level yet!

Am back on the 2nd October. Its really wonderful and I am working with Sarah on this big launch and I am loving it, coming up with ideas, briefing designers,
booking talent, sourcing prizes - we're doing a luxury pop up boutique sale - its never been done here in Tz. There are so many opportunities and the people make me melt.
They are so kind, they NEVER complain, they smile like they mean it and they always want to laugh. Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment