Monday 20 June 2011

Full Metal Jacket

Weirdly Graham and I last night were discussing war movies last night and i've never seen Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. I kinda went off him after Clockwork Orange gave me nightmares...
Oliver Stone and FF Coppola directed my favourte war movies. Had the pleasure of interviewing Oliver Stone in London in 1999 when they premiered Any Given Sunday. Haven't seen any of his recent movies though I do know he is working on a project with the author Don Winslow about his book Savages.  The filming has started and features a  stellar cast featuring Salma Hayek, John Travolta, Blake Lively, Emile HIrsch, Benicio Del Toro and Uma Thurman.

FMJ is too full on for me - way too much shouting!!


I've seen practically every other war movie set in Vietnam.. not this one and its on TV now. Even though I'm not watchin it I do hope to enjoy some hot & spicy popcorn or butter stylee.. from the local supermarket. Now, if only I could find my earphones and my spex...

No comments:

Post a Comment