Tuesday 7 June 2011

Sky News

Caught a bit of Sky News yesterday ( Monday ) and it reminded my why I no longer watch the news.
My friend and spiritual mentor, Susie Pearl has always advised me to be very careful what I watch and read and surround myself with.

It is all bad news.
E-coli break outs and bombs going off in Nairobi.
Not good.
Also, instils fear in people.
In fact Graham and I discussed this a few days ago.
Here in Tanzania - rabies, yellow fever and malaria are all things to apparently be concerned with.
One of his work colleagues daughters has e coli which she contracted here unfortunately, she's only a wee girl and has to go to Nairobi once a month to receive medical treatment. Her kidneys are under immense strain.

Some of my friends expressed concern for health issues when I am here - i'm not worried.
Cheryl Cole may have picked up malaria here, e coli is rife in Germany and I've done what I can to prevent illness here, however if I do contract something, then perhaps that was meant to be.
I am developing an increasingly philosophical side.

On the ecoli tip, I thought I was doing well, only eating fish and chicken here, who knew it could contaminate vegetables? I'm being positive, not taking any chances and believing that all is good!

Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment