Thursday 16 June 2011

Panic of the Ants

I can't remember the exact title of the movie from the 70's which I watched behind my dad's knee. All I remember is there were trillions of ants in it, scary, tension building music and in one scene to avoid the ants, one bloke jumped out of a window to try and land in the swimming pool. He missed. It wasn't a comedy.

Came across a few hundred of the little soldiers earlier. They were having a mooch around a bin bag in the kitchen. When I say bin bag, I mean a small bag with a few food remnants in it. I watched them, in their eventual hordes. I moved the bag outisde onto the rear balcony and within seconds they had sussed that there was no longer the promise of bread or whatever it was they were after!

Everything is kept in the fridge here. Bread, jam, Marmite, honey, sugar, biscuits..I've even put some body butter in there, just in case.

Amazing these little creatures, how they operate and how they survive. I'll no doubt see them again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment