Wednesday 1 June 2011

Patience

Ahh, Take That sang about it and my mum used to say "Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can.. rearely found in women and never in a man" 

Patience is one quality I though I had learned to possess in the last year or so. Nup, my patience is being developed further being here in Africa where everything is soo slow.
I posted a letter to my friend Grahm almost 5 weeks aho now, it still hasn't arrived. The traffiki is so slow as most of the traffic lights are out and the odd goat gets in the way and there is never any rush to do anything or get anything done and the upshot of that is , its very relaxing!!

My friend Graham ( we love GMac ) has sent me a text - so far this morning the internet has crashed 8 times ( breathe... ) - with this..

A list of tips for things to do on Thursday :

yoga
blog update
dvd
house keys
gym
enquire about thai massage
practice boggle
wash dishes
coffee at oyster bay

Research :
National Parks/Game Resorts Mikumi, Slous, Saadani, Zanzibar Hotel, lazy lagoon and Amani Beach.

I think he's quietly getting me into shape for when volunteering work begins in earnest.

So, that's what I'm up to today..Graham is one of the most patient, kind, thoughtful and generous men I have ever met. Very lucky to have him as a friend. He is mistaken though if he thinks I need to practise boggle, I have always been a cunning linguist, have already devoured 2 books since I arrived and its only Day 6 and I am very competitive when it comes to winning word games. Must ensure it is not Swahili Boggle! 

Tis 9am so I better get on with my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment