Thursday 2 June 2011

Goodluck

..is the name of Graham's driver.

He is 27 and from the Moshi tribe from the villages surrounding Kilimanjaro.
He works from 6am everyday and can finish late in the evenings. He helps me with my Swahili and I help him with his english, throwing in the odd Glaswegian phrase ( as suggested by my friend Fiona White )

He has yet to master Howz it gaun big man ? I have every faith he'll have it cracked by the end of play tomorrow. I see him almost everyday, we laugh, sing along to Rihanna ( oh na na ) and Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers tracks. He plays them on a loop over and over and over and his favourite DP song is the Whitney one from The Bodyguard and he murders it!!!

He lives with his sisters Beatrice and Merlin and his parents.
He has friends everywhere we go and is always on his mobile phone. He is very popular
and I am very grateful to be able to call him my friend. He is extremely kind and helpful and has a ridiculously infectious laugh, easy to suss why he is so popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment