Wednesday 10 August 2011

Beamer!!!

The Somalian President

I arrived at the Hyatt Regency Kilimanjaro Hotel earlier this morning and found that metal detectors and extra security was at the hotel.
Lots of sooped up vehicles and men with guns.

Said my good mornings to the staff - they laugh at my Swahili and as I was about to collect my other bag from the security do dha
managed to trip on the carpet and fell flat in front of a man who was  on his way out of the hotel.
Gasps as 4 BIG black men picked me up and handed my my bags...Mam, are you ok ?"
BEAMER!!!! And i got a fright to be honest!!

Toddled off as they watched me head to business servicves.. The receptionists were all laughing.who was that I asked?
" You landed at the President of Somalia's feet" and they all giggled.

TI am clumsy. of that there is no doubt and its not the first time I've tripped up and the people here always laugh!!!!!
They never really show concern, its too funny m they see the funny side of everthing. How refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment