Monday 1 August 2011

Monday 8 July

Had morning coffee with Panna today at the Movenpick. It was 10 000TSH, that is equivalent to a days wages for a builder at the School. No more expensive coffees for me!

We went to Chanika today ( 30km outside of Dar ) and it took us hours to get there. The traffiki here is seriously mental. We sat at one set of lights for almost 20 minutes!!

We also visited the Tanzanian equivalent of Homebase or B&Q. Quite an experience!

When we arrived at the School it was great to see lots of progress. You can see that from my pics.
16 children will be welcomed to the School this Thursday.

Panna made me laugh out loud today when he said I need Panna x 5 in duplicate, meaning he needs 10 of himself to make sure everything is done as there are so many things to do.
He is completely in charge of everything and its quite amazing to see him in action.

He told me today he is off to Spain on the 15th of September until mid October. He asked me what my plan was, I told him I don't have one, which is true. Kind of liberating but also kind of unsettling...

No comments:

Post a Comment