Friday 26 August 2011

Where are you Son ?

My 6.30pm meeting is late. That is how it rolls with meetings here, Tanzanian time and all that!

We just had a power cut and the bloke in the hat that sent the Jaegermeister over, which I gave to the girl in the table next to me, came over and slapped me on the back. He is South African and an oaf.
He has now staggered off and the power has come back on. 5 star hotel and no electricity for 15 minutes
and the only light in the entire place was the glow from this screen. I still love the oooohs when the power goes off and the ahhhs when it comes back on. They don't have candles here you see, as its on the edge of a cliff and its kinda breezy.

My wee Nokia has a great wee flashlight which comes in useful at times.
Asana and Mandisa have very kindly asked me out to dinner at 9pm but its too late for me to eat.
The couple next to me have just ordered lobster and it looks divine!
This is the Hotel where the Vodacom CEO will be staying and its where the Whirlwind Aviation guys keep their chopper, which I incidently booked this morning. I've never booked a chopper before.

Oaf has just sent over another Jaegermeister. Am sending it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment