Sunday 7 August 2011

Tanga

Just back ( Sunday evening ) from a wee holiday to Tanga with Anita, her husband K, kids David ( 4 ), Peras ( almost 2 ), Jeans and Hamila.
Hamila is from Tanga and looks after the kids fulltime with Anita & K. Jeans is K's niece and also lives with them.

Had a lovely time chilling at The Yacht Club and met some interesting people.
Also ran into Kwang, Sarah's friend who is living in her home at the moment.
They're both teenagers and help out with the kids and cooking and Hamila is teaching me Swahili, though her English isn't very good, so I am struggling a bit and also trying to help her with her English!

It's pretty remote, by the sea and very very chilled. Read a lot, played with the kids and hung out at the Yacht Club where I managed to swap one of my books for Out of Africa, which just happens to be one of my favourite books and I was looking for a copy here - tried 4 different branches of A Novel Idea to no avail, then came across a very old and battered copy at the Yacht Club. Hurrah!

We headed back thid morning, we left at 11.15am and arrived back to Anita's for dinner at 4.30pm.. Am working back the way after a lovely few days, well read, well slept, well fed and well watered! It rained quite a lot so there was no sunbathing to be done, which is all good in my book! Factor 50 doesn't really lend itself to a tan for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment