Sunday 21 August 2011

Brian

Brian

Is my ex boyfriend from many moons ago.. We dated for almost 8 years from when I was 17.
He moved to Australia, I went to visit him to consider what we were doing with our relationship when I was 25
and to spend 6 weeks on a holiday which was paid for by Ron McCulloch as a thank you for coming up
for the brand name 'Home' for his nightclub in Sydney and then London. Those were the halcyon days of Big Beat.

Keeping this brief, I arrived in Oz and 2 days later, I knew the relationship was over and on the same day I received a call from my then agent
David Meehan to tell me that the TV job I had auditioned for I had got. WOOP!!!!!!! and DRAT!!!!!! at the same time.. as I still wanted to hang out on Oz with Brian
and of course Ron and his then girlfriend Julie ( now his wife ) However. twas not to be as ITV2 and Princess Productions asked me to return to London within 48 hours.
So off I went back to London to start my TV presenting career in earnest. Brian and I kept in touch when he was in London managing HOME. Before then when I saw him in Glasgow
at the 10th anniversary of The Tunnel I could not bring myself to speak to him as he was joined at the hip to his new girlfriend Joanna. They were like Posh & Becks wearing matching outfits.
I was jealous of them moving on and she was a London IT girl, with a wealthy family and lots of toys to play with. Brian and I still saw each other in London and I always enjoyed seeing him as he
had been such a huge part of my growing up.. I was with him for the best part of 8 years! He then fell in love with an Aussie girl he met in London and he moved to Oz where he married a girl ( gutted I can't remember her name )
and they had 2 kids Frankie & Lola.

Ron & Julie are still in Oz. Gutted I missed their surprise wedding. They and Brian have fallen out. I don't know what Brian is doing now
but I was thrilled to receive a tweet from him, it was his first ever tweet and I am the only person he follows at the mo.
I welled up instantly as it was such a lovely tweet and I was also saddened to see that his mission in life = bringing up frankie and lola as a single parent.
He's not on Facebook and there's no profile pic on twitter. I would so love to hear all of his news from the last 10 years.
He is a good man and very touched that he took the time to tweet me. I think he read The Sun article, or perhaps someone told him about it, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment