Sunday 7 August 2011

Page 3 - The News

My favourite story from the weekend papers.. The Citizen on Saturday 6th August to be precise...in summary :

'Power blues become boon to barber'.

Dar Es Salaam. As the majority of the Tanzanian business community feels the pinch, due to ongoing power blues, one man is experiencing a boom for the same reason.

Iddi Dilunga, a 64 year old abrber does not need the national power grid connection to keep his business afloat.

A decades old shady mango tree, a triangular mirror, a wooden chair, a pair of scissors, a razor blade and comb are all that comprise his open air barber shop in the Kinondoni District.

He said "My clientele had grown considerably during this power rationing period. I wish I could divide myself into two or three to cater for the increased demand."

LOVE that story!

No comments:

Post a Comment